Friday, June 26, 2009

beach





I've never been to the Oregon Coast. Beaches away from sunny So. Cal astound me with their craggy beauty -- giant rocks, icy surf, misty air. Our day at Cannon Beach was chilly but filled with the sorts of activities that make beaching with a chicken so fun. Destinationless ambles, sandcastle building, crab, mussel and shell finding, cartwheels on the rough earth.


The rain grew a bit intense, so we headed into the little town for insanely good pizza, the perfect treat for damp little bodies.

I heart Portland for showing me the beauty of the booster seat. It's a whole new gig for homegirl when she's hanging with the posse at the table. And thank God for this hardcore chick posse who have helped me through this adventurous week with my babe.


After lunch, we wandered into some lovely little galleries and I actually bought art for myself, something I never let myself indulge in.

I love my little wall dress. I can't wait to redo my room, based on this little, beauteous piece.

But the best part of the day, as it so happened, was the stumble upon an incredible hat shop. Eliana was, of course, the main event in that store and, after trying on every animal head in the place, walked away with this excellent lion's head, thanks to the generosity of her devoted auntie.

Roar.

3 comments:

Casey said...

I love that you blog from the road. Such dedication to us dedicated followers! Miss you guys HEAPS.

Melissa said...

i love the lion head. oh my.

Melissa said...

I had to come back to look at the hat photos again. I love the connection between you two! xo