Thursday, August 6, 2009

moving along

We're moving along again. The Kessler August summer fun train leaves tomorrow for twenty days of coastal adventure. I'm antsy to get moving, shake things up, rock it hard before school starts again and the sunny season comes to a close. We've been busy. Lots of cousin love visiting (four boys!) and my beautiful sister, Erin and her hubby, Stan have been here since Saturday. Long, leisurely dinners, a float trip on the Blackfoot, swimming holes and downtown treats, make a fully satiated Missoulian ready to explore new territory. I so love sharing where I live and embracing how to live here right. It also makes me eager to explore a new place with a fresh perspective.


Els Bells continues to explore her two year old self. We've had glorious, hilarious, independent, brilliant moments. And long screaming and crying fits that have kept us from our naps. She kinda lost her noodle in the tent on a little family camp extravaganza, and I had that moment, was that mom -- the one whose kid is keeping everyone else awake, the one who everyone is thinking, well, thank god it's not my kid, poor Gillian, poor Jeff. Woah. I'll remember that night like some of my wilder nights in college, all blurry and wild and can this really be happening. Moving on.

Our little summer in Misosula chapter is closing. These are the last August days with Eliana destroying the house, moving from one activity to the next, chaos in her wake. The last August days where she's still unsteady up the stairs, sorta jammin' instead of racing, speaking phrases instead of sentences. Her hair gets nuttier by the day, Casey likened her to the dad in the Munsters family tonight, old man crazy curls and a bit of curly comb over on top. Love her hair. Love it. Can't wait to see what happens to it with a good dose of sea air.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really love the last sentence in this post; such a sensory writer, you are! Glad for you guys to have a nice getaway together. They are the best.

Beautiful photos, too . . .
xoxo

Casey said...

I can't believe the Grandpa Munster comment made the blog! Since I know it will make the blog book here's a photo for side-by-side comparison!
http://www.tvscoop.tv/assets_c/2009/07/grandpa-munster-95238.html

We miss you guys!