Sunday, October 25, 2009

fall is in the air






I remember growing up and really wanting the sweater vests and wool skirts that we're billed as back-t0-school wear. The problem was, it was always too hot to wear anything thick or itchy. Fall was a season I just didn't really get. School started up in the fall, but other than that, it just sort of brought in winter, without a whole lotta hoopla.

My daughter, bless her little harves-ty heart, will not have such a problem. Eliana is super jazzed about all things fall (or, more precisely, all things Halloween). Luckily for us, our mountain town knows how to do up autumn in all her splendor and we've been able to spend the weekend hopping from one pumpkin patch to the next, hayrides, face paint, and cider making to keep up with the best of them.



I still marvel at this place after weekends like this. It all feels so simple and wholesome. I love that feeling. It's a feeling I'm discovering a little later in the journey. I think it's one I'll work hard to cultivate and help grow.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh what great photos of elie!
fall is the best. roger doesn't know what he's saying when he claims to hate it.
xo