Sunday, June 2, 2013

sunday night


















spring sunday

spring is breath and light
swift shifts
unexpected triumphs
and dark, cold rains

one bitteroot pokes her pink flair
from tan earth
the clouds transform
suck me in
I stop again and again
on the trail
try to remember it all

eliana said tonight
I wish we had the power
to transform skin colors
so sometimes I could have dark skin
and rainbow hair
and boys could be girls

spring gives transformative energy
we can be anything
solomon strums his guitar
can riff on a strip of paper
upturned chair
hardback book
he blows the dandelion head
notices everything

our energy is only sustained
by how tremendous they are
and just when I think I can't do
another damn thing
another unexpected shift
and the blood flows back
I bend down and pick up
another wooden block
another lost sock
another piece of creation
or collection

our creations surround us
how green and full
how sad and real
morty is raising his hands
losing it in all the wrong ways
the young aide at the home
is exasperated, hit,
his blood and shit part of her
ridiculous day
and all I see is the photograph on
our wall, how handsome and tall
he was in his uniform,
Windy Winnie's sultry frame
scratched on the body of a plane
I see his intelligence and integrity
in my husband
how hard he works
his commitment and focus
his eternal quest for answers
and fiery adoration

we hold each other tightly
these days
worlds shift all around us
storms suck up small towns
we meet equal points
peril and pleasure
fear children too close
to high water
choose anyway the cabin
alongside the creek
pump water like primatives
the laughter of our friends
boys and girls
their imaginations extra alive

in the wild
everything aches with presence

No comments: