Thursday, February 20, 2014

haircut

Hair is a big theme in our lives, probably because collectively, we have quite a lot of it.  People love to comment on my kiddos's unruly locks, matted ringlets, halos of golden friz.   I was planning on holding out on Soli's first haircut for as long as I could.  Then one day after school, it felt absolutely imperative.  He was looking, as my mom would say, quite raggedy.  So we headed out to Jeffy's, all-male, Cutting Crew. 

He was super quiet and sort of solemn while we waited.  He wouldn't say a word to the kind lady taking care of him.  He just stared, stone-faced, straight ahead, silent, resolute.  He quickly transformed from 70's wild child...

To Flock of Seagulls, early 80's, New Waver....

 to 50's greaser tough guy...

and then back, to a more mature, way more kempt, version of my baby, asking for candy, making weird faces, and back to his old (almost) sweet self.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

well done mamita! truly so great to chat today--came home w a spring in my step. a virtual nag champa moment. love you!