Monday, May 5, 2008

nuestra communidad


Eliana isn't her usual, chipper self with her mini diente coming in fast and furious on the lower right...

She did manage to whoop it up with some gal pals over the weekend. Here Elie and Moana get nuts at Nici's dinner for our midwife, Jeannie.
Hayley lent her crib to her little buddy today for a splendid, two hour teething nap.
Natalie gives Eliana a taste of her own, in your space, medicine.

So tomorrow will be day 7 without my husband and we're really feeling it. Little E's tooth has finally cut through the surface of her gums and she's definitely wearing her crabby pants today. On top of the crabby pants, we had a scare with her grandpa Mort this morning and, while all is fine, thank the good lord, we had some fancy maneuvering to do on the fly in order for mama to make it to work and Elie to have someone to keep her safe while I was gone. Luckily, because Missoula is the size of a pea, I already had an offer from Leslie to watch Elie before I even knew that Morty was in the ER. While I was packing up El's things, the phone rang and it was Bri, offering to help because she had just run into Roseann on the side of the road and had been alerted to the happenings of the morning . Joellen offered multiple times to take Peanut. And when I finally made it to school, Elie already happily asleep in Haley's crib, Laura, the librarian was chomping at the bit to watch our little one. It takes a village, they say. I'm really feeling that. Between the friends who fed me this week, called to see if I needed anything, offered to come by with a late night bottle of wine and just generally kept me in their collective, lovely energy, I'm feeling absolutely loved and extremely graced by our little community. The sunny weekend, our bursting tulips and budding lilacs, the first farmer's market all a-buzz and alive with the hope of warm days and fresh veggies, and lots of good love all around had helped keep me feeling sane and hopeful too.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

love to your suegras--they okay? glad you have such a good village!
xoxoxo, melis

Gillian said...

everybody is fine - thanks. just read about the bath and filet. i so hear ya on the disappointments...can't wait for these two little tykes to rock our worlds together in june!
G