Tuesday, April 21, 2009

friendship

Friendship. I'm feeling so full of thanks for the tremendous friends in my life. I've decided it's okay to be redundant about some things in this blog. Gratitude for love and acceptance and generosity is one of those things. Jeff is away and we need some extra help. My girls have been in full effect - at the house for food and q.t., giving a hand to help Els and I through, even helping walk Lucy. When it feels overwhelming or lonely, when I wonder what in the world we'll do for the next big chunk of time, just the two of us, I see this light. The light is the girls coming for dinner. Or an old friend stopping by to catch up. Or another one I don't see enough showing up with a bottle of wine and an itch to sit in my yard and break it down. Or even neighborhood peeps that I run into at the park who I've always wanted to get to know a bit better. That's what I'm talking about.

I see the friendships forming in Eliana's life. I see the friendships that I am forming with her friends. I love that we are becoming that family. That family with, "family friends." It wasn't a concept I understood too much as a girl. We were a large bunch and our own, wacked out village. And I came out just swell with that loving, haphazard crew. But there's a certain simpleness to the girlfriends in my life and in my daughter's life that is exceptional and rare. It's honest. It's dignified and reliable. It's funny and genuine and a gift I send all my appreciative goodness towards every single day.





1 comment:

Melissa said...

She is getting more and more beautiful every day.

Maybe we can catch each other por telefono? xoxo