Monday, March 15, 2010

a new day


Our phone rang at 6:30 this morning. Casey was in labor. Richard wanted me to get Leslie to pick Moana up for school. It was a quick, buisness-like call and I could hear the focus, the absolute moment-ness in his voice. I hung up covered in chills. It was finally happening. The light of a new day was rising from behind Mt. Jumbo. Another beautiful, clear, early spring day was upon our little valley. And a new life was finding her place among the mountains and trees.

While I stared at my phone trying to decide when to call Leslie, Richard called back. Ophelia was here. Again, I could hardly believe it. Without wanting to keep him, I had to ask. When did she go into labor, how did it go? Less than two hours. She shot right out. Moana woke up to her baby sister. It doesn't get much better than that.

And I'm covered in chills just thinking about the whole scene again. I'm filled with a sense of grace. A sense of the idea of positive intention. Casey did absolutely everything in her power to make this birth go the way she wanted it. She read every book. Prepared her mind. Thought every detail through clearly and thoroughly. She was wholly ready. And her body followed.

I love her so much already. I'm so very proud of my dear friend. A new day is here, a new and miraculous and gorgeous and perfect day.


2 comments:

Janine Evans said...

2 hours?!?! That's... I'm speechless. wow.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.