Monday, April 25, 2011

sunshine!


We had our first sunny weekend since forever and I have not felt happier in a long time. It's the simple things, you know? Sunshine. Water. A bit of sleep. Nana and Pop took Eliana to her first circus, which gave Jeff and I an opportunity to take Sol on his first hike. He was a maniac on those hills and hiked like the best of them (though he did continually try to hike down the side of the slope towards the freeway...he's fast that one).

The rest of the weekend was spent preparing for Easter. Egg dying and basket diving. My mom sent a beautiful Easter themed pakage that started the ball rolling. Thank God, Sol now has a new, gold kazoo! And those little chicks that wind up and hop? Got 'em. Pastel covered Easter grass strew in every corner of our messy home? Check!





Yup, the Easter thing was a hit around these parts and I have to say I totally got into preparing Elie's basket this year. She squealed with such delight when she saw it waiting for her on Easter morning. While we did have a few good nights since my last sleep rant, Easter eve was not one of them. Luckily, Elie slept in. And lucky for Jeff, I got up with at the crack with big Sol because of my festive Easter mood, allowing him a few more hours of sleep. Found myself ordering a triple latte at Le Petit at eight Easter morn. Sol and I played hard waiting for the other two to get up. I think by the time she finally found her basket, I was more excited about her little treasures than she was. I kept saying, What else did the Easter bunny give you, Elie? And what else? I so rarely buy Elie new things. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's kind of true. So I really had a blast at Target finding goofy things for my girl. Thank goodness for the dollar section. And the art supplies. And the random orange tutu on sale. Love that place.


What else? We had a lovely brunch at Moana's with the little crew we've shared Easter with since the girls' were babes. Sol got right in the mix with the egg hunting and held his own with the big kiddos.




We came home for nap and Jeff, finally having a little taste of a good thing that morning, took himself a nap as well. I ventured up to the Sacred Tree with Lucy in....nothing but a tank top! Hello warm weather. The irony is it was probably only 50. Just give me a taste of sun, man...I love it.

Roseann had everything ready to make us a lovely Easter ham dinner, but after a bit of an oven debacle (aka, pressing "cancel" instead of "on"...) we threw together pasta instead. It was low key and simple and the perfect ending to a lovely, lovely weekend. May this spring continue to bring sunshine, good health and calm spirits.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i was thinking i would comment on these gorgeous photos of your gorgeous babies and then i watched miss e sing her song--wow! i love that she does the same thing avi does when the camera stops rolling, "now can i watch it?" and for the record, i love that song (:

sorry i missed you tonight! leeor outta town and another mama here with her two . . . lots of food and wine all around. quisas manana por telefono?

love you!!