Tuesday, January 3, 2012

before I forget


Last night I uploaded a ton of photos to blog about. Our adventures in California were full and beautiful and between two new phones and our camera, we have more documentation than we know what to do with. But instead of going there just yet, I need to capture this moment that is Solomon.

All of a sudden, my baby is a boy. He talks and responds and interacts. I can ask him questions and he answers clearly. And he really knows. Just now as I was laying him to sleep he asked, "Night? Night?" meaning his blankie. I said, "We left your Night Night at Nana's. Will you sleep with Elie's instead? We can get yours later." "Okay," he replied. He took her blankie, snuggled it up to his face, and feel into a deep slumber.

That's how our whole two weeks of vacation was with him. We drove home from California. Over twenty hours of car time. And as long as I was in the backseat making chit-chat with Soli, he was fine. He can talk about anything through his responses. And lord knows his sister can talk with him until the cows come home. They have this song thing that they do. I feel like I'll forever associate the song with our trip and especially our time in the car. They like to do it in enclosed spaces. Cars. Elevators. Anywhere where their voices can resonate. It sounds sort of like, "Ah, lalalala, ahhhh" and they sing it and laugh and get louder and louder. It's their sibling call of celebration. I love it.


Another sibling first they had on the trip was sleeping together. First it was just all four of us, snuggled up in a line in our tent during our two nights of camping in Joshua Tree. Then it was Sol and Elie in their own bed in our two hotel nights on the way home. I was all ready to call in the port-a-crib. And then there they were. Head to head. Fast asleep. My little blessings.

1 comment:

Janine Evans said...

that is so sweet! the singing, the sleeping together. love it.