Monday, September 3, 2012

almost

The sun is setting in the valley.  The sky has turned from red to pink to orange and, now, a deep blue, the clouds gray, the horizon gold.  My girl starts kindergarten tomorrow.  Her brother returns to his little school.  I teach my first full day in five years.  We're all growing up. 


Our weekend was quiet and homebound.    We did make an excursion out to a little lake.  Els took her first solo adventure on the paddle board.  Sorta feels like a solid metaphor for her flying away into kindergarten.  She's pretty tremdous.   She found a cigarette butt on the lake shore and said, "It just seems so sad to me that anyone would be into cigarettes.  We are NOT into cigarettes."  I like that she speaks about her family with the collective, "We."  We are a we right now.  Super solid, super beautiful We.  We journey into the new tomorrow. 

No comments: