Saturday, March 16, 2013

a year ago

A year ago today, did you know tomorrow would be your last?  Was it whimsy after decades of dealing? Simple exhaustion?  Did the morning bring clarity?  Did you move calmly or was it a frenzy?  The research I planned to do on the subject just didn't pan out.  It's not fun to google, "suicide." 

The questions can sit in this abyss, this whiteness, this never never land.  We can hike the mountain together.  I'll continue to ask the clouds. 

Instead I'll focus on the you.  On your voice and heart and soft skin.  I'll focus on your genius and determination and artistry.  I'll focus on how you shaped the woman I would become.  Pushed my creativity forward, made me trust my talent, my passions, my words.  You turned the volume up on my life. 

I celebrate you, beautiful, beautiful friend.  I celebrate you. 

No comments: