Saturday, August 24, 2013

Smoke slowly fills the valley.
A bit south homes are being evacuated,
your worth reduced to people and land,
everything else superfluous and refundable.

I think of Tipi Camp and my essentials --
pillow and sleeping bag, yoga mat and journal.
What I needed most was the sunrise over the lake,
the blanket of polished stones.
The voice of Paul as he put me deeper in a
tunnel of my own understanding.
The light and dark.
Karuna adjusts my hip and decades of over-extension
release into the open sky.

I no longer hear the voices of my children.
No longer wake to the to-do list in my mind,
the huge and mundane mixed
to create a full life.

This life is full with understanding.
It's full with stories that transcend
alarm clocks and lists of objectives and outcomes.

The objective is this moment.
The outcome is being here.

No comments: