Monday, January 20, 2014

things I don't do

My girl is turning into a shredder.  I've been meaning to post this video from our trip of her on a boogie board.  The hoot-hollars from Jeff and I are ridiculous.  She's just rad and it's freezing in the water and she's just rolling with it.



Then there was skiing this weekend.  Jeff's been pretty invested in Eliana's ski career for a number of years now.  This year she is on what is called the "ski team."  Because we were away for the holidays, we missed the first session.  So Eliana had her first day this weekend.  I wasn't there, but Jeff came home all aglow.  He said it was his best day of skiing ever.  They were both in this mountain sun kissed, dreamy delirium.  So we went back today.

The pathetic thing is, I really haven't even seen my girl ski.  We played for a while on the bunny hill, racing each other down, laughing.  But then she went up with her dad.  And skied down some insane stuff.  Black diamonds.  Really.


Snowbowl is a steep mountain.  It's a rough mountain.  Apparently their greens are like blues, their blues are like blacks so their blacks are like...?  I don't even know.  I just can't really even handle it.  People warned me.  People said, you better get up there or they're gonna be better than you soon.  Before I even had a chance to contemplate this idea, she was better than me.  Like leaps and bounds better.  Like not only can I not keep up with her, I'm terrified to go down the runs she went down today.  Shoot.  They were totally right.
 

No comments: