Tuesday, January 27, 2015

january soak in

 

January is melting before us.  Yesterday found 50 degrees and melted snow.  Solomon said the hills looked like the African Savannah.  He says all sorts of things like this these days.

We've had an extra dose of q.t. the past few days as he's been out with the flu.  It's silly the little routines that we get into.  Or how I watch my energy/creativity/productivity level fluctuate from day to day without factoring work into the equation.  I feel a bit like we're on our own little planet.  A planet of cough syrups and snot rags, strange conversations and random cooking projects.  I'd be a funny little homemaker if this was my full time gig. 

Because he's sick, he hasn't been able to have his normal physical contact with his sister.  My favorite part about this is the air hugs that they give each other.  They are really cool. 

It's always fun to upload pictures when you live in Montana.  You can see how quickly the weather shifts and the landscape right along with it.  While I do appreciate the hunkering down of snow, I have to say I really appreciate the energy that the sunshine brings. 

On Thursday sissy and Maz arrive.  I'm kinda beside myself with excitement.  Mazzy really wants to build a snowman.  We shall see if we can still scrape some white stuff together. 





No comments: