Wednesday, February 13, 2008

here now

transitions have never been my thing. leaving the warm comforts of sunny cali and my beauteous family have left me feeling a bit empty and lost the past few days. but if there's one thing that really helps ground me and count my lucky stars for my sweet life here, it's hanging with my mama posse. there was this incredible, serendipitous thing that happened in this valley last year, and now here we all, a walking ad for the ergo baby carrier and the chariot stroller. i love these women. they are real and honest and good and true. i put out the group "sos it's too cold and slushy here" email the other night, and there they were, at my door, promptly yesterday after work. a few times around the park and i felt myself settling back into my groove. the only thing i wish is that we had more time to break it down. but i know there are many more walks, many more dinners, and heck, perhaps we'll even get together without the little ones for a glass of wine sometime soon and really let loose. for now, i'll take this moment to appreciate all i have here and try not to dwell on what i left. and as i watch little peanut play on the floor with miss spider, all tough and independent and curious, and i think about what a bright, lovely little creature she's turning into, i feel thankful that i'm giving here a stellar posse of girlfriends to grow up with.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Gillian, as if I didn't already, your post made me feel so lucky to have you and our posse in my life. You guys and our wee ones are the bright shining socal sunshine in our gray, sometimes fun and snowy, but right now just long and gray, winter. Love you!