Friday, February 15, 2008

stand up



So the other night, Jeff and I were trying to get Eliana to take a nap while we ate dinner. She had missed her afternoon nap (see preceeding post....walking with the ladies meant that the little one didn't have her crib time) and I was all worried about her not sleeping that night because she was "off schedule". She was making the nuttiest noises from her crib that we tried to ignore as we made our way through our steaks. But these sort of strained, laughing grunts continued and I could only picture her in some sort of trouble ("worst case scenario" mind play is something I seemed to have picked up about six months ago...). So I sent Jeff in to her room to check and make sure that she wasn't choaking on a toy or suffocating under a blankie. Jeff then shook his head, started to laugh, and waved his hand my way mouthing "come quick!" I rushed to the door and there, plain as day, Eliana stood, holding on to the top bar of her crib, smiling with a sneaky, toothless grin, as if to say, "Here I come, world! Just you wait!"

No comments: