Monday, April 14, 2008

spring...






Spring is sweet here in Missoula. Wild and sweet, unpredictable, fierce and ever so exciting. My mom has been here since Wednesday and in that time she has seen snow, hail, ferocious winds and two glorious, seventy plus degree sunny days. It's enough to make anyone a little nuts! I captured some great shots of Eliana enjoying our yard (did anyone say, eat dirt, leaves and grass?) It's kind of funny -- I have such a pale little Montana monkey and I hardly know what to do with her when the sun is shining. I was mildly panicked when I realized that about an inch of each of her ankles were exposed when we were hiking in the ergo on Saturday (where her little pants were caught). I spent the whole walk with my hands wrapped around her exposed skin for fear of her first sunburn. Anyway, she seems to love being in her yard and we are both very excited for all the treats that await in the garden in a few weeks. Spring in Missoula is kinda like life with baby Eliana - full of surprises, sudden changes, and moments of sheer beauty and brilliance.

No comments: