Monday, June 30, 2008

in the summer swing









It's Monday morning and it's the first official Monday of summer for me. By that I mean, I woke up in my own bed, the smell of early Montana mornings coming in through the fan in my window, sunlight streaking the walls through the slats in the blinds. I woke on my own, which means to say, Eliana slept a straight ten hours. My breasts were full, my heart was full, my mind was quiet. I 100% embrace my career as a teacher for giving me this precious time to be home with my family!

Summer has been a bit of a whirlwind so far. We had our crazy California adventure, then returned to have our last few days with Morty and Roseann before they returned to New Jersey for the summer. Upon their departure, our dear friend Johnny arrived in town to play for a few days. And then the entire weekend was spent celebrating and sharing in our friend's Erin and Adam's wedding. So hanging around the house, just the three of us, really hasn't been an option yet.

I think Eliana is ready for it, though. She could spend hours in her room playing, all her things ready to rock and roll. She loves crawling around in the grass and playing with the water spicket while I tend to my flower garden. She is such a trooper. Her superior social skills have wowed people on planes, trains, and automobiles. She's slept in three different pack n' plays, one of them with rolled up towels in the bottom because we forgot the mattress at home. And she still always wakes up smiling.

Here are some pics from our adventures of late.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

O, I love her so! Here's to your summer groove. So good to have CA playtime!