Tuesday, July 1, 2008

kisses


Although they're only ten days apart in age, I've always thought of Moana as Eliana's "older" friend. Moana always seems to master all sorts of cool stuff first. Once I see her doing something new, I am always quick to encourage Eliana to do the same, or rather, Moana teaches Eliana to do the same. Moana's latest lesson: giving kisses. It started last week while Casey was watching Eliana for me while I taught a yoga class (how lucky am I to have friends like this?). When I arrived to pick her up, the girls were playing together and Casey and I were chatting. We looked over, and there it was. Moana was leaning in ever so gently. Eliana followed suit. Together their open mouths touched, their little cheeks rubbed.


"No way."
"I'm pretty sure that's the cutest thing I've ever seen."

They break apart, gaze at each other, and then go in for more.

When we went for a walk in the Rattlesnake the other day, they did it again. Now when I ask Eliana to kiss something -- anything, my cheek, the bunny in her book, her crazy chicken that sings, "You are my sunshine" -- she leans in with her open little mouth, bats her long lashes, giggles, and plants the most perfect, delectable little wet mark. Thank you, sweet Moana, for giving the gift of kisses to my girl!

2 comments:

Casey said...

I'm sure this is not the last thing our girls will teach each other over the years! What a sweet post, it brought tears to my eyes to think of our girls looking back at the beautiful and innocent moments they shared way back when.

dig this chick said...

Oh shit! That is dang cute.