Friday, July 11, 2008

rituals

Eliana and I are basking in summer rituals. Perhaps my favorite involves her budding love of music. We do lots of dancing in front of the mirror and she's starting to recognize the changes in the music and can predict when I'll spin or dip her. Her favorite nursery, playtime tune is "The Littest Birds" by The Be Good Tanyas. When she hears the opening, "la, la" she always stops what she's doing, turns to me, and gives me a big, Eliana grin. It's this knowing look, like we share this awesome secret about how tremendous and full this moment is about to be. She then resumes her playing, only looking over at me occasionally, building her independence and confidence one toy at a time. This video captures her explorations to her favorite song and even includes some fearless adventuring into her old moses basket.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness how cute was that!!
I wish I could be there with you watching her all day long! I can't believe those little legs are son ready for the leap to upright! I remember them so small and curled up into herself about a year ago! my, it is amazing!
auntie Kel Kel