Saturday, July 18, 2009

fiesta de tacos


photos by nici

So much to report over the past few days! We'll start with the taco party, especially because I have the gorgeous pics Nici took of my girl to share with the world (and, of course, the not-so-gorgeous but sweet nonetheless pics I managed to capture...). As requested, we threw Eliana a taco party. I made massive amounts of rice and "beanies", nectarine and fancy green salad and brie and cherry melty app. Jeff rocked some carne while lovely Melissa made a carrot cake, guac and mojitos. Together it was an easy and fairly stress free affair. Which was really my main goal, because I've noticed I am getting to this funny place in my adulthood where I can spot the seedlings of an entertainer with a propensity for potential stressout-dom. It seems to be something we ladies do as we age. Take shit way more seriously. And I really, really don't want to be that lady. But this was a two year old taco party, damnit. I had to just let it roll.

And roll it did. The little pack of chickens played beautifully in the yard until, next thing I knew, they had all stripped down and were going nutty with the sprinkler and hose. Beautiful, perfect bottoms squealed and danced in the yard, while the big people laughed over their drinks. The bums gathered together for cake and Eliana listened in wide eyed wonder while we sang her the birthday song.



Most folks rocked it on home, but Eliana and her BFF Moans kept the party real late into the night. They sang through their repertoire of songs and did some hokey pokeys. They splashed each other in the tub. They pulled all Eliana's clothes out of her drawers and put on multiple pairs of pants. Best of all, I didn't hear any shouts of, "Mine!" or, "No!" Just their playful, imaginative, blissed out love.


And seeing my girl at her best was all I could have asked for from her.

No comments: