Friday, April 9, 2010

progress


A shower helped calm down this morning's foul, maniacal mood. Casey, Moana and Ophelia stopped over for a play date and hanging with that little mirror into my future did me right. The girls were hysterical, even if Eliana was bossy and melodramatic, there was plenty of sweetness in the mix. So as they were getting ready to leave, Casey asked me to hold the little one so she could get everything together. Eliana began to cry, her face all red and pathetic saying, I want my mommy to hold me! I want my mommy to hold me! I ignored her and walked out of the room with the babe. I was pretty into the tiny bundle of luciousness that is Ophelia and figured a little glimpse into her future wouldn't be so bad for Happy Sad.

A bit later as we read books and settled in for nap, I explained to Els that I would be holding her brother a lot when he comes.

No, Mama. My daddy will hold my baby brother, you just hold me.
But Els, I'll need to nurse your brother. Your daddy can't do that.


She looked at me with those big blues.

Mama, I'll nurse my brother. I'm really good at it. You just let me do it. And you hold me. That sounds like a plan?

Oh my sweet little articulate chicken. Always thinking that girl.

2 comments:

The Practice of Yes! said...

oh, i love this! her world is about to be rocked in SO many ways! how lucky you are to have a daughter that can nurse for you ; )

love you so,
bex

Melissa said...

quick on her feet that eliana!

xoxo!