Sunday, July 18, 2010

flathead lake




















It seems I get blog back up fairly frequently. A whole slew of exciting things happens and I can't write about them all fast enough. Last weekend found us at a gorgeous house on Flathead Lake with my sister Alison, her husband Kent and E and S's two cousin's, Harry and Cameron. We all vacationed splendidly together. The days were mellow with games and chats and snacks. That lake is so beautiful that just being able to wake up and drink a cup of coffee with that view makes for an excellent day. It's not hard to feel satisfied.

There is something so lovely about watching cousins get to know each other. Even with their age difference, there is a special something there, something that is family. Alison is at one end of this journey with her two boys just recently out of the house. I find myself at the other end, a nursing babe in one arm, a chatty cathy on keen watch; I'm constantly on guard while she can finally relax. I love that I share this journey with my sister, that I have her insight to help me with my discoveries. She and Kent were wonderful with Happy and together they played some rockin' games starring none other than Baby Melody herself. Alison had some good chats with Soli and let him coo and gurrr his way into her heart. It was a perfect weekend and we all struggled when we had to say goodbye. Thankfully they share a love of this landscape with us and we know they will be back.

No comments: