Wednesday, September 8, 2010

school girl


Eliana rocked her first day of school. She looked so gorgeous in the dress Casey made for her. She had very little separation anxiety (just one, Mama will you stay in my classroom all day with me?) and then the classic report (We didn't paint, we didn't play with clay but we DID go on the playground and I fell in the wood chips and I was sad and I wanted you but then Adriana made it all better and I got up). So there. We just have to keep getting up.


The day was full, full, full -- a preview of the next ten months. I imagine I will get much better at taking deep breaths (and I'm already pretty good). The day was a shuffle of roles -- from mom to teacher to mom to teacher to mom. Thank goodness I live so close to the school or this little dance would never work out. Jeff and I sacked out at 10:00. This is a good thing considering Solomon needed me to nurse his back to school cough for lengthy sessions throughout the night. It's 9:32 in the morning, and I feel like I've already had a full day. My feet are already up. And I haven't even been to my paying job. Woah. Bienvenidos a el otono!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

what a gorgeous girl!!

little avi was so sweet when i picked him up . . . i wish i could pop in on him during the day . . . he passed out at 7:30 and slept for 12 hours!

it's a full, beautiful life, huh mamita? xoxo