Monday, October 4, 2010

birthdays













It's been a full, full week around these parts. First there was the re-arrival of Nana and PopPop, here to celebrate their birthdays. Kelli, Annabelle and Jack quickly followed suite and the week found us lost in the lovely chaos that is babies, dinners, fall colors and hanging out. One of the highlights has been watching Annabelle get to know her two cousins. Solomon loves to try and grab her sweet cheeks and Eliana likes to pick out her old clothes and say, This ones for my little baby cousin, Annabella!



It's kinda hard to imagine that just a few years ago we were just a group of six adults. The children have come on the scene with speed and fervor, enhancing and altering the dynamic of this group forever. Beautiful.

Happy 86 years, PopPop. You are one incredible dude. Happy ____ Nana (you know I'd never dare post your age on the Internet). Thank you for so much love, so much laughter, such generosity, such kindness.

And then there's my sweet Sol. Happy five months, baby. I played the Birth or Bust mix that brought you from my belly as I made applesauce yesterday. Applesauce from the apple tree outside your window. Applesauce you'll be old enough to eat in one short month. How did this all happen so fast? How is it that those songs can bring back the memory of you moving through me so clearly, yet here you are ready for real food? You are the sweetest, happiest baby. You have moved into our lives with such grace, such gentleness. I love how you jump, love your bright, clear eyes, your smile, your huge heart. You are my very beloved boy.




While Happy didn't have a birthday, she did have a fever and a few days home from school. Her first taste of sick days -- popsicles and DVD's and lounging all day in her nightie. A nasty rash that made her skin feel like some weird reptile. But she got through it with her tough little fighter spirit. And I got through it with the help of my hubby, a wonderful nanny, and lots of family around.

So here we are, in fall. The leaves are vibrant, the love is flowing, and we're settling into the rush of the calendar. So many moments to savor.


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love all these photos!

Reminds me, too, I need to dig out the jumper for my girl . . .

That Sol is one f-ing beautiful baby!

Love and miss you--

LauraT said...

Beautiful and lovely! Happy birthday Kessler folks!