Wednesday, November 3, 2010

six months of sol



My sweet little boy is six months old today. Holy Moses. Holy Solomon. Sorta the same difference. See, even my tone on his birthday post is so light! The second time around is such a trip. I just dug back in these here archives to read about what Eliana was up to at six months. Holy detail! I wrote it all down. It was all so serious and huge. She was so entirely the center of our universe.

Then her smooth little bro came along. Just sorta hurled himself, ever so indiscreetly, into our world. One Monday I was busy at work, huge and pregnant and ready. Later that Monday, I was nursing my boy for the first time. There were certainly some pushes and poops in between A and B but overall, it felt so natural.

That's what Solomon is in our lives. Natural. He's so good natured, so easy-going, so calm and handsome and strong. He reaches for our faces. Scratches his little fingers along our arms. Snuggles into our bodies. Adores his sister. This morning I came into my room and they were both cuddled up on my bed, all bleary eyed and funky haired (well, okay, just one of them) in their jammies. Right as I walked in I saw Eliana lay a sweet, gentle kiss on his forehead. It was pure loveliness. Mama, I think you better get a picture of this. Even she is finally falling into his spell.


He's learning how to belly laugh. It's my new absolute most favorite thing in the whole world. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does he really goes for it. You should have seen him marvel at Thing One and Thing Two on Halloween. Those big blue feathery wigs had him in stitches. He's so appreciative. It's like he's always saying, Hey, thanks for letting me come along. I'm so glad to be here.


And we're so glad he's come.

I love you, little boy. I'm so proud of you. Your devoted and adoring mama.

2 comments:

LauraT said...

Motherhood is so delightful! It also helps when you have gorgeous, adorable, purely luscious children!

Melissa said...

I second the lusciousness!

Love catching up with you via blogland, too . . .xoxo