Wednesday, May 4, 2011

fiesta





We threw a good shindig for Soli's first. The best part of it all was I really enjoyed myself. He really enjoyed himself. Elie and Jeff seemed pretty darn happy too. I am committed to enjoying every party I throw for the rest of my life. I refuse to be a haggard host. So once people arrived I stopped worrying about whether or not the tortillas were warm, assumed people would get their own drinks, and kicked back.

Everyone who was a part of Solomon's arrival into the world was there. The rain stayed away and we actually enjoyed my yard, albeit in puffy coats. And the placenta. That amazing, beautiful organ I could have played with for way too long. It's probably good I wasn't left alone with the thawed, bloody placenta because I could have got really lost marveling and handling it. It was brilliant. But we had guests...

I haven't downloaded my pics yet, but Casey sent me these beauties. It's a way to get the ball rolling. Brilliant memories.

2 comments:

Janine Evans said...

so awesome. the placenta, the refusal to be a haggard host (I'm still trying to get over my hang up to even BE a host!).
You are an inspiration. (Have I said that before?!) ;)
HAPPY 1st Birthday , Sol! You have the best mama ever.

Melissa said...

i love the red writing on the cake--so placenta-like! (:

love the photos and so grateful for the blogs. happy birthday, sweet sol!