Monday, July 11, 2011

thanks

I needed to process some feelings last night about the world I hail from and the world I chose. My girlfriend suggested I write about it. I did. It was fiery and feisty and negative and conflicted. It wasn't my most glorious hour. But it certainly helped me process.

Today an Anonymous commenter told me something along the lines of I either get over it or move back to LA. That was just the perspective I needed. Because what I was feeling had nothing to do with moving back to LA. It had to do with an appreciation of that place for certain. But it was more about the paths we don't take. And how there is beauty and grace in all of it. While my tone might have been negative to the homogeneity of Missoula, it was only as a means of processing. But some processing is probably better left in my head.

So thanks, Anonymous. And you say you know me. I guess I am putting all this on the internet. What a crazy world.

Be back soon with what I do best. Shiny memories and heavy appreciation.

4 comments:

LauraT said...

"Anonymous" was not me! I don't mind the processing, but I do cringe at the f-bombs! I was just thinking the other day how stressful it is to live in LA. I love my little city and wouldn't leave it for the world. However, I've heard about places like Missoula and Defiance, OH and what an easy pace of life it is and how friendly folks are. Still, I couldn't leave the Central Library in downtown or our quirky, dirty beaches with colorful people at them or all the authentic food of very kind and variety from all over the world.
But I get where you are coming from regarding motherhood stuff. Totally.Get.It. I like your honesty! It keeps you real and relatable!

dig this chick said...

What you do best:

Express real, honest feeling and self-reflection that betters everyone who knows you. I am certain what you wrote was relatable, raw and poignant. I hope it goes back up, sister.

x

Azure said...

i'm bummed you took down the post, babes. i'm sure i could relate to a whole hell of a lot of it - i always return from LaLaland with a heavy mix of emotions. drop me a line if you ever want to chat about it.

it was so lovely seeing you. i really hope it won't be so long until the next meet-up!

-az

Azure said...

i'm bummed you took down the post, babes. i'm sure i could relate to a whole hell of a lot of it - i always return from LaLaland with a heavy mix of emotions. drop me a line if you ever want to chat about it.

it was so lovely seeing you. i really hope it won't be so long until the next meet-up!

-az