Tuesday, December 16, 2008

and tonight

I gave her a bath, I put her in her jammies, she looked up at me and said, "Nurse? No." And just sort of snuggled into my chest. I asked her if she wanted to read some books. She said, "Yeah." So absolutely fine with the new way things were going. We read two books. I told her it was time to say, "Night night." And, as if it were nothing, she snuggled up with her baby, said, "Night night, mom. Love you." And I closed the door.

"Love you! Night, night!"
I heard through the door, my valiant little trooper, still full of love and rolling with the punches.

2 comments:

dig this chick said...

She yelled "love you night night" through the door? Oh my. Love your girl.

Gillian said...

the talking is out of control. she's a regular blabbermouth! i love it.
happy birthday sweet margot!!!!