Sunday, December 14, 2008

one week down

Photobucket

It's been a full week since I last nursed Eliana. And I'm finally feeling cool with it all. Last night, instead of disappearing and heading out the door for yet another night away from my family to avoid my daughter asking for my breast, I stayed in. We took a bath together. I then explained to her that mommy was going to stay in the bath and relax and daddy would read her books and put her to bed. She said, "Night night, mommy" and then looked at Jeff and said, "Out?".

I heard them cozying up together with Goodnight Moon and Bunny. I heard them exchange, "Love you's". I heard the door gently close.

At eight thirty this morning we heard her talking to her babies. She had a wonderful nights rest. We all did. And this morning, we walked in her room together and welcomed our beauteous daughter to another day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treasure of a story. She understands words so incredibly well. A wordsmith like her gran! See you both very, very soon ...
very much love.

Casey said...

Whooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

wow.

Nicole said...

Okay, so she is so beautiful, it's breathtaking. And you are such an incredible mom. I know that transition can be so hard, but you move so gracefully through it. You go hot mama.