Friday, December 7, 2007

the groove

even with our busy schedule, we always try to fit in a bath. little peach loves the water just like her mama!

this week i'm feeling like i'm getting into the groove, finally, really, of my new life. i have been working on balance this week. a key to my success is exercise. not just slow walks around the park with baby (all thirteen lbs of her!) attached to my chest, but real, sweat and stink kinda exercise. the other night i told jeff to hang with elie, and i went down to our basement and rocked my own little yoga session for about forty five minutes. i blasted my tunes, lit some candles, and did sun salutations til my heart pumped and i felt the stress and anxiety of the day slowly dissipate. last night i returned to my girlfriends "roots of hip hop" class. even though i couldn't stay for the whole thing (already meeting jeff and elie at 8:15 was pushing it and she cried the whole way home), i did an hour of solid, hard stuff. lots of the ab stuff that i couldn't do when i first returned to dancing, i could do last night! even though i am not my old self completely (while i don't have a scale, i sense there are about 10 to 15 pounds just hanging on to my middle for dear life!), i felt strong and solid and beautiful. eliana has been nothing but sweet sauce lately. i think she respects her mama for trying to take care of herself. we are at another friday. only two weeks til our holiday vacation when we head back down to sunny cali. for now, i'm just trying to enjoy every moment with my girl and make the most of all we have.

No comments: