Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a new week






I started my week with a resolve to put my best foot forward and attempt to live in full appreciation of all I have. Two days in and things are going swell. I've been trying to be as present as I can at work, and, of course, even more so when with Eliana. One little trick that seemed to make my Monday smoother was to not come straight home after picking up Els. We headed to her BFF Moana's place and had a little playdate. Not only did that help me be wholly present in being and playing and chatting and laughing with Els, it kept me from getting all anxsty about coming into a disheveled house. I got to share the ins and outs of my day with my girlfriend while our ninas jumped around like loons in Moanie's crib, ate mac and cheese at the table together, squabbled over who got to hold baby, and played this insanely cute, "Hello! Bye-bye!" game with various doors in the Massey household.

I arrived home after Jeff and we were able to handle dinner/bath/bedtime/clean-up together. I even managed to slip out of the house post bedtime to take a dance class to help get my ya-yas out.

So, I didn't stop taking myself so seriously, perse, but I did manage to manage to go with the flow a bit better, instead of allowing myself to feel slammed from one place to the next.

The ice is melting. It's slushy and wet and, yes, still slippery. But if I keep my focus on what's important and move with awareness, I seem to be able to keep the slips at bay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was so good to talk today. hope we can do it again soon.
i think body movement can be so therapeutic! wish i could take dance class with you . . .just had a little yoga sesh solita en la sala and think you would've liked it, too. xo, m

Melissa said...

that's funny. don't know how i made myself anonymous.

Trailing Mira said...

I am working on the same thing myself.... going with the flow a little more :)

Kelle said...

She's getting big and beautiful! And good for you on the dance class...it feels fabulous to do something for ourselves once and awhile!