Thursday, January 29, 2009

nut






My kid is a total nut. Not that I'm surprised. And I call her my kid cuz all of a sudden she feels like that. "My kid." There goes my kid tearing through the house. There goes my kid demanding to walk down the sidewalk on her own, without holding my hand. There's my kid on the middle of the dining room table. There's my kid eating the dog food. There's my kid with the dog's leashed attached to her shirt. There's my kid pretending to take a nap with the dog on the dog's bed.

My kid who is obsessed with the ABC song and can sing all the way from A to G. My kid who loves to use use her own soap and says, "Mas?" with a funny lisp so it sounds more like, "Masth?" when she wants me to pour more into her little hand. My kid who loves to tear body parts from the animals in her pop-up books and then mourns their maimed bodies, saying, "Ah...so saaad!" My kid who is dying, already, to go to school and loves to come to work work with her mommy and daddy, ready to run down the hall after some unassuming pre-schooler, making friends at every turn.

I could just eat her up. I never got that phrase before. Now I do.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

too bad i missed your call tonight! i love your nut and am also not surprised that she is so wild, wacky and wonderful. those eyes and dimples are just too much. i need to see her in person. you, too. hmmm. how can we make this happen? i definitely think it's our turn to come to you. maybe we can chat this weekend? xo

Gillian said...

sounds super!
missoula is lovely and super fun for the ninos in july....perhaps for elie's second bday???