Friday, June 18, 2010

sacred time

This is sacred time. These days with all four of us home together. Eliana now crawls out of her bed upon waking and joins the three of us in our room. She snuggles with Jeff and he snuggles with me and Soli who have been tight all night long. Our room is tiny and the love that fills it is immense and goofy, messy and real. We are finally settling into a groove that is so lovely, so perfect. Solomon continues to amaze us with his serene presence, his earnest, wide eyes. Eliana is as chatty and relevant as ever, the running commentary to our days.

This evening found us at the winery. I settled in with old friends we bumped into, traded new baby stories, laughed. Eliana found another crew of our friends, a child-less crew ready to chat up our chatty cathy. The hills are so green and alive, the evening sunny and psychedelic with vibrancy. I looked at the panorama of mountains and wondered how it is that I was less than a mile from my house, sipping a flight of wine, watching my daughter laugh in the grass, exchanging knowing, content glances with my hottie husband, holding my little cooing dove, my grunting little novio. Looking forward to a weekend of celebrating this beautiful time with my family.

2 comments:

Kelle said...

I haven't commented in awhile but I've been following along from that beautiful pregnant belly to now two lovely littles. Your family is beautiful and your words about them are too. So neat to see your family grow!

dig this chick said...

Oh it's so great when a lovely, comforting rhythm settles in a bit...not that the boat won't be rocked again and again but that rhythm is so great.

You are stunningly beautiful in all these recent photos. Mama of two suits you.

I am so fortunate to know you and your family. I just spent some time catching up with the last few weeks of your life so now when we see each other we can jump right into chat about what's happening like we talked yesterday. Gotta love blogs for that! x