Wednesday, June 2, 2010

sexy boyfriend...and his moppy headed sissy

I am in love. It's totally official. I adore my sexy boyfriend. I adore his Billy Idol half grin and the way he sleeps in my stinky armpit. I adore his good nature and how content he is just to be held. I adore that he takes the bottle and likes to give me little bouts of freedom.

And I've found a new, deeper love for his corkscrew curl sister. I adore how badly she wants to have time alone with me. I adore our baths together and the way we play Dr. Judy with her plastic giraffe. I adore her questions, her insights, her ridiculous and intelligent articulation. I am even beginning to adore the way she kisses her brother on the head, the way she finds interest in him in brief, unpredictable spurts, the way she likes to point out his stinky bum.

I went back to teaching at the studio this week. Yoga was filled with my favorite students and I was filled with gratitude that they were back at class. The music I played was the same music I played while in labor with Solomon -- the songs symbolic and personal, bringing forth a feeling of strength and transcendence and calm. Tonight I danced and tried to bring light and groove to the group. It's wild leading with my body, navigating through my new curves and leftover bumps, my muscles still remembering their strength. But dance and movement are such a big part of who I am -- it would be strange to leave them behind for too long. I'm blessed to have a husband who can be home, a boy who takes the bottle, a chicken who loves to play with her daddy.

I've settled into my new groove this week. And while it's certainly not glamorous or easy, while it's wrought with potential pitfalls and is filled with sharp, unanticipated curves and stops, it's perfect for where we are right now.

2 comments:

dig this chick said...

It all seems very glamorous to me! Babes in armpits, corkscrew toddlers, mamas who know what they need and go get it. Love you.

Melissa said...

go girl. thinking of you in that studio--i loved seeing you in all your glory there! xoxo

ps. my girl is wearing her darling red onesie today!