Thursday, June 24, 2010

who we are now



I am blessed because my husband's a teacher too. While income is not exactly in the extreme, summer fun is. And I think we're hitting our stride. Our days find us on random adventures in hikes, parks, downtown but mainly just around the house. Who knew such adventures were to be had? I just downloaded pictures on to this computer and it seems there's even more fun going on around here than I know about. Baby bro seems to be the focal point of this fun, at the expense of his wild big sister.

I know that both Jeff and Els get a kick out of sweet Soli riding around in Baby's stroller. Remember, Baby is Eliana's raggedy stuffed doll. I do not enjoy seeing the child I nourished and nurtured for ten months in my belly pushed around in a rickety pink carriage. But I have to admit, it is one of the funnier things I've seen in a while (in a disturbing kind of way...).


Also found in this batch of pics, Little Bro with his perfect head dotted in metallic star stickers.


Best yet is the video where Eliana is trying to put her special blue Dora undies on Baby Bro.



Needless to say, no one ever tells me about these adventures. I'm happily rebuilding my "fundus", as Jeff likes to call it, bringing my muscles back together, getting my groove back (without, of course, Taye Diggs).

A few quick words about my little boy. My little boy who takes a bottle like a champ. The little boy who sleeps in a ridiculously small bucket by our bed, shoved between the wall and the headboard.
My boy who just rolls with it, as his little face can attest. I adore him. I am totally out of my mind in love with him. Yesterday I embarked on this ridiculously long hike just so that he would continue to sleep on me, his little breath heavy and loud against my chest. When we finally got home we were a major mess of combined sweat, happy, hot, grunty, milky. I am so thankful for his nature. It helps mellow me out. Reminds me of the chiller parts of my personality, the parts that sometimes get usurped by stress and control when I'm knee deep in mamaland.

He's starting to smile and saves his best looks for me. He loves being out in nature -- the stereo songs of the creek, sunlight, shadows, tall trees. He adores the bath, just like his mama.


Daddy's fun and goofy and loud. He thinks his sister is dope, but super weird (again, we agree on that one).

But mainly he loves being at home with his family. Loves finding his place in it all.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So sweet. S is getting so big!! Such beautiful children . . .xoxo