Wednesday, March 5, 2008

intense


I'm starting to realize that my little one is actually quite intense. She is learning to love life, and/or, explain to me exactly why her world is less than perfect at any given moment. She now laughs when I walk in and whines the minute I walk out. Instead of falling gently to sleep in her crib, she scoots herself around, bangs her head into the bars, and tries valiantly to stand herself up (with varying degrees of success, depending on how sleepy she is), before eventually passing out, exhausted and well exercised. I'm not surprised that she's active, nor am I surprised that she's so intense. Physical activity and general intensity are two things that my husband and I have in common. I guess soon enough I'll see what other character traits she gets from us, whether she'll have our curly hair, whether she'll be factual and logical like her dad or creative and emotional like her mama. It seems to be happening all so fast, she seems to be growing and changing daily. She's eating a ton of different things (even had her first bits of daddy's deer roast last night!) and subsequently making lots of "big girl" poops. Soon enough she'll be running around the house, showing us whose boss. For now, I'll continue to revel in her intensity, whether it's the way she opens her mouth huge to feed herself wasa crackers, or whether she's laughing at some crazy song I've made up. The key to keeping up is staying present in our love, our movements, our moments.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Wow Gil! Something about her face changed since the last post. She got longer in her face and narrower, sort of looking more like what shes becoming! thats amazing, do you think it is the photo or can you see it too? I really hope I can come the first weekend in April. Its been toooooo long!!