Sunday, March 16, 2008

So she's finally doing it. She's a crawler. It's kind of funny because we've now taken tons of video footage thinking that she was about to crawl. Ready and waiting with the camera, we made movie after movie of Eliana grunting and sort of scooting, but never actually crawling. Then the other night we were at Bobby and Jo's for dinner. We were sitting in the living room drinking wine, talking, not paying a whole lot of attention to the little ones when I realized that Eliana, who had been stationed on all fours next to me, was now across the rug going after one of Jiah's brightly colored toys. She had moved herself forward, like a real, crawling baby, and I had missed it because I was busy catching up with my friends. But that's okay. It made me feel a little bit less like the dorky, obsessive mom that I am to just be so cool and casual, you know, sipping my wine, chatting, and just sort of noticing that my baby was making her first, independent movements. So mellow. So chill. So natural.

But really, that's not who I am at all. I've been on her for a week, following her little limbs with my dorky camera. So here it is. The footage. This isn't the best, but it's certainly superior to the reels of her sort of moving, with Jeff and I shouting encouragements in the background. Here she is in her play room. With her play music. Just doing her thing. Being her big girl self.


Happy eight months, little one. I love you more than I ever thought I could love anything in the entire world.

Where has the time gone?

No comments: