Wednesday, October 10, 2007

back to work...sort of


today i did a trial run of what it will be like in november when i go back to work. i am working from 10 to two with a lunch break in the middle. while four hour sounds like an endless time to be away from my baby, i have to admit, today went quite well and i sort of enjoyed being out of the house. in some ways what was most exciting about today was having something to get dressed for. there was excitement in taking a shower, blow drying my hair, and getting dressed to actually leave the house (and not to go hiking...). there are some super fashionista teachers at my school (i pride myself on being part of that pack) so it's always a fun place to get ready for. and due to my feeling of post baby frumpiness, getting dressed is a very good thing for my ego. so i put eliana in her crib and raced through my routine of showering and beautifying myself. she did a super job lying on her back and admiring her fairies and watching her fishy "t.v." so mama had time to make herself fancy. then i fed her and raced out the door (i've learned that it is not a good thing to wait around to see if she starts to cry...then i would never go anywhere). when i came home an hour and a half later, she was sound asleep in her grandmother's arms. i had time to make some lunch and eat, and then she stirred enough so i could feed her. i then raced back around the corner to school, busted through so more reading tests, and flew home at two. now the little princess is sleeping soundly on her grandmother and i have time to type without a baby in my arms. i think the day went pretty well. she is such a good girl and knows how to keep her mama's mind at ease.

No comments: