Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Can you believe how big she's getting?

Eliana and I are obsessed with walking. I'm not really sure how I would be a mom without it. Basically it's a sure bet for satisfaction for both of us. Mama gets to stretch her legs, perhaps even get a bit of exercise, and baby gets to trip on the light and eventually, doze off. Her favorite place to walk right now is Greenough Park . The fall leaves are in full effect and she loves to watch the light dancing through the trees. I've heard that babies really enjoy contrast in color at this age. I think the yellows, greens and reds are perfect for her light show. Yesterday we went on five different walks, culminating in a huge, long adventure in the north hills. Mama's legs are a bit achy today, as baby is not the lightweight she used to be. I also want to comment on how much she is growing. She seems to change every day. Last night Jeff and I watched her grow before our very eyes. And she's maturing. Now instead of just dolphin and pigeon noises, she lets out loud laughs and sometimes even does these weird sort of shrieks. She loves to talk and imitate my facial expressions. And her little eyebrows are growing darker. She just might be my child after all.
These are some shots I took in the park yesterday to give you an idea of what Eliana likes to look at....

No comments: