Sunday, May 23, 2010

the new perfect




Today has been a perfect day. Perfect in its simplicity. Perfect in that it was just the four of us, doing everyday things together. Perfect because while Jeff held the baby, I felt like superwoman, ready to tackle our messy house and laundry piles with two hands. Perfect because Eliana played independently in her room, dressed herself up in fabulous outfits, hung tight without needing us all the time.

Perfect because it's spring and the colors are vivid and wild, white billowy clouds and bright blue skies, wild yellow dandelions dominating the greenest of green grass. And I don't even really care about the dandelions because right now, they just add color to our wacky little life (and god knows I have yet to find the time to weed...).

And perhaps the big cherry on my spring day was pumping my breasts this morning and leaving my little man with his daddy for 75 minutes while I went to yoga. I go back to teaching in a week and wanted to see if my post baby body could still muster a surya namaskar. And darn tootin', I rocked that class. It felt awesome to stretch, awesome to test my muscles. I kept waiting to feel guilty or sad or leaky, but I felt just great. Things are different with number two. With Eliana it took month for me to even want leave her to do something for myself. She never took a bottle because I never really wanted to give one to her. But little man is different. He took the bottle easily and the two of them sat together in the yard, daddy and son. When I came home they were all blissed out and bonded. Jeff even sent me a text telling me to stay downtown and have a latte, homeboy had finished his bottle and was happily napping. So damn cool. I love getting to do all of this again.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

yay!! xoxo

Casey said...

awh, this is so awesome! I love this. I love getting to go through all of this again too and I love getting to go through it again with you! xx

Kelli said...

I am sitting here with nana and pop pop and we loved the pictures and the story. I've got the pumping down. Now I have to try leaving for a yoga class! That seems hard. you are inspiring me! They are looking forward to seeing all four of you soon