Monday, January 7, 2008

helping 'attachment baby' detach


so it's actually that time. eliana is approaching the six month mark. and this mama doesn't feel all that ready to help her baby detach. for example. eliana is in great need of a longer nap (because silly dog decided to bark wildly at a shadow passing by our window and subsequently woke up the little one...my new year's resolution is to be kinder to my dog...she continues to push me). so i tried to do what the grandmother's seem to be able to do and "put her down". after a few torturous minutes of crying in her crib, i of course relented and picked her up. then i tried my mom's best trick, the bouncy seat with her green blanket. she screamed in my face. so here i am, resorting to my easiest trick, the ever reliable breast. and eliana's back to sleep. and i'm stuck in this awful position, one-hand typing because i lack the cajones to attept to move and re-position her. so i guess i'm the weak one. i can't stand to hear her cry, don't want any pain or harm to cross her path. so what if i have a sore back? that's what yoga's for...

No comments: