Monday, January 21, 2008

love songs



i'm not sure if i've ever been in love like this before. actually. on second thought, i'm most certain i never have been. and i've been in love. i've fallen. hard. but some things i just haven't done in a long, long time. like i just had this compulsion to make a mix of all the love songs that remind me of elie. there are love songs that remind me of when she was in my belly last spring. there are songs for lazy summer days when i was so huge and so ready to meet her. and then there are fall tunes, the songs i'd listen to on my headphones while i walked these montana hills carrying my girl. the other day i was cross country skiing by myself while jeff stayed home with elie. songs would come on my shuffle that reminded me of her and my heart would flutter, literally skip a beat, as i pictured her little face in my mind. as i skied back towards the car, i got that excited, anticipatory feeling of going home to see someone who you are just beside yourself in love with. so as i type this i'm listening to eliana's mix. she's sleeping again, and i don't want to keep pestering her, so i'll just listen to our songs, gaze at her photos on this silly computer, and continue to feel as blissfully smitten as i do right now.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I guess Jeff is getting the back seat in this love triangle! Sounds great Gil. Sounds just like a falling in love for the first time but this time for real.

dig this chick said...

Do tell what is on her mix.

Gillian said...

i'll make you a copy!! mainly badass chicks like her!