Sunday, January 13, 2008

pink boots





eliana and i had a special, mommy- daughter weekend, while dad was away on a back-country ski trip. we did all sorts of sweet things like hike with lucy and cuddle on the sofa and meet friends for coffee and have the girls over for wine. but the sweetest part of our weekend was just being together, quietly, the two of us. it's so beautiful to watch the way she relates to me now. it's like she really, truly knows me. she knows how to communicate with me and talk to me and express her needs, without just crying. she gives me different looks for different things, has times when she wants to be independent and times when she wants to be held. in these pics she's posing in her pink boots while she practiced standing up on the moving glider chair. this was a bit anxiety producing for mom, but another proud achievement for babe.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Gillie I can't stand it! She is sooo beautiful and cute and animated! Can you do a video soon of her newest behaviors? I will come to visit soon enough!

Gillian said...

i'll put a video on today! thanks for the compliments...i think she's hot stuff myself!