Tuesday, August 21, 2007

lovefest2007 extended


i don't think i went into enough detail while explaining the components of lovefest 2007 earlier. lovefest includes every single time eliana open's her eyes and looks at me, as if in love, as if discovering it for the first time again and again. lovefest is when she yawns and her little mouth kinda goes up higher on one side. lovefest is looking at her eyelashes as they grow, it seems, every day. lovefest is her little fingers, the dirt under her nails (how in the world did she get dirt under her nails? definitely her mother's daughter...). lovefest is the way she peeks out from her sprout pouch and looks at the light. it is her little hand when she grips my chest, the outside of her pouch, my finger. lovefest is the buttery popcorn smell of her dirty diaper. it's the loud "put-puts" she passes, like a frat boy watching a football game. it's her dolphin song. the way her smile is coming out a little more every day, ready to utterly break my heart.

1 comment:

Lady Leigh said...

Hey Gillian-

I'm a friend of Kelli's from Boulder- she was here on tues and wanted to show me pics of her lovely little niece. I have really enjoyed reading your blog! I just had my little boy on Aug 16. I have a blog at http://ladyleigh-inwords.blogspot.com/ It's more about the road to publishing a romance novel than anything else... I keep in touch with my cyber writer friends that way (though not so much recently.)
I hope everything is great with you- many blessings to you and your family. Leigh