Sunday, August 19, 2007

sleeping with baby

i just have to take a moment to comment on how much i adore sleeping with my baby. we spent so long discussing where she would sleep. the co-sleeper wouldn't fit in our bedroom, even the mini was too big for our tiny love nest. the crib too big still, too foreign. the funky little bed we found at target can theoretically fit between us in the bed, but it means that we're both lying still on our sides, hitting the metal bars of elie's bed. and she just seems to sleep a lot lighter when she's not in our arms.

so i've surrendered to sleeping with my baby. and i love it. last night she slept with her head in my armpit, the only creature on the planet so thrilled with my post-baby-uber-hormonal scent. i kinda wrap my other arm around her little swaddled self and snuggle into her. at one point i got up to go to the bathroom and placed her gently on her papa's chest. she was making the sweetest face and he looked equally blissed out. they were so sweetly situated that i had to stop myself from getting up again to find the camera at four in the morning.

well...now dad's walking with her and talking with her about how lovely she is and it seems she is putting her little fist into her mouth. which means it is my turn to do what we do best.

No comments: